Sunday 4 May 2014

REVIEW: Hantek 6022BE PC Based Oscilloscope

Hey everyone.

Today I thought I would be a little different and share a video review of the Hantek 6022BE USB , PC Based scope.

This scope is not the same as the large bench scopes but instead uses your PC to display the signals instead of its own dedicated screen. The bonuses are endless storage for the scope, Large screens avail as is my case where I have two 24inch Full HD displays on my workbench.

The decision as to whether to buy a bench scope or a PC scope is basically decided by a few things, namely:

  • Do you have space for a bench scope?
  • Do you already have a PC on your bench?
  • Do you want a PC on your bench?

In my case I have used many bench top scopes as well as PC scopes and in the end it boils down to what you need to do. In my case I want to see PWM signals and such and therefore something like the 6022BE is ideal for me. It comes with two probes and is really more than adequate for what I need.

Untitled-1

There is also other screens which can be turned on and off as needed such as frequency display, duty cycle and many others. This is basically the home screen display.

Below you can enjoy my brief straight to the point review of this scope. Enjoy.

I have  heard that the bandwidth on these scopes is not what is advertised so I decided to do various tests using signals from 0 to 20mhz in 100khz steps. What I found is that the scope can measure all the way but there appears to be some transient issues with the scope at frequencies higher than around 14mhz. It is usable however and I therefore still say that this scope is great value for scope newbies, students or anyone hobbyists.

I am not going to go into all the details as there are many reviews that talk about the fine details. All I am going to report is that if you tinker with Arduino’s, AVR’s or PIC Microcontrollers then this scope will cover most of your scope needs if not all.

I now have the Hantek 6022BE as well as the The 250mhz Picoscope and can say that I use the Hantek more often.

Get one, they are less than R700.00 and well worth the investment in a really handy test instrument.

No comments:

Post a Comment